Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Summertime

It's been a long time since I've written anything.  It's not that I am lacking for material, I am not.  It's because it's summer and I've been incredibly busy being a mom.

And not the "fun" summer mom.  I'm definitely more of the, "If you don't clean your room and get your schoolwork done, then you aren't going anywhere today" mom.  Except that my kids are more of the, "But it's only 10 AM and we haven't had breakfast yet and I can't find any of my clothes because they are all over the backyard" kind of kids.

Oh, and also, I have a teenage daughter.

The kind of daughter who is all, " I really hate living here.  I hate my life.  I wish I had a different life."  Followed quickly by, "Can you take _____ and me to the mall?" and "Could I have my allowance?"

And the middle boy, who for whatever reason, is the only one I signed up for summer activities.  He needs to be somewhere different everyday. 

And the youngest, the one with all the acronyms, he prefers to spend his days watching Sharknado.  He also has dug a hole so deep in the backyard that we had to put construction cones around it.  The dirt has gone to create several different habitats, including the "End of the Dinosaurs" and "Global Warming on Hoth".  (His names).

So between the emotional upheaval of being thirteen, the business of camps, and making sure that nobody breaks a leg in our backyard, I've had no time to write. 

Which is fine, because I can't imagine missing any of this.

1 comment:

  1. Awesomeness! Isn't summertime lovely?! Bring on the firs day of school mimosas.

    ReplyDelete