Wednesday, September 26, 2012

If I ever have a complete breakdown, it will be because of laundry

That was a facebook status a while ago, but it's pretty true.  Laundry will be the cause of my breakdown.

 My brother-in-law asked me today why I haven't posted another entry to my blog.  My response, "I'm a busy mom.  I'm doing laundry."

That was my reason.  Laundry.

It's never done.

Ever.

Which I guess is fine.  It means I'm needed.

Nobody else around here does laundry.  They could do laundry.  I have shown everyone how to sort clothes by color and put it in the washing machine, add the detergent and select the correct wash cycle. They also know how to move the clothes from the washing machine to the dryer.  I have even taught them how to turn the dryer on.  But nobody seems interested.

They are, however, interested in clean clothes.  The are not, interested in putting their clean clothes away. This becomes an issue for me when I find clean and folded clothing in their dirty clothes hamper.  So, I started charging them .25 for each item of clean clothing they put back in the laundry. Some weeks I make a lot money.

I am a busy mom, and I do a lot of laundry.  Only the dirty stuff though, and at least I'm getting paid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment