Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Christmas Break, Take 1

When the kids are on school break, summer, Christmas, or spring, I do this really cute thing where I count down the days on Facebook.  It's probably not that cute at all, but I do it because it keeps me focused on the now instead of the tomorrow or next week.  That is one of my goals this year (2013), to stay focused on the now.  But, this post is about what happened over Christmas break.

My first facebook post for break was: Christmas Break Day 1- Kids have eaten candy canes and Sprite for breakfast.  Should be a good day.

Really they did.  They ate candy canes for breakfast and I didn't care because everyone had slept in and I didn't have to get up early and get them out the door.  If you've read previous blog posts you will remember that getting my kids out the door on time is not one of my strengths.

So, I didn't care, I thought it was funny, but I should have cared a bit more because my second post of day 1 was:
Christmas Break Day 1, part b- Assigned all the kids jobs.  Boys are wrestling upstairs and girl is nowhere to be found.

I had assigned the kids jobs because they were already fighting and complaining of being bored.  I also assigned them jobs so we could do something fun that evening when daddy got home. Didn't quite work.

What I did learn is the best way for my boys to play together is give them jobs to complete.  It worked everytime I needed the upstairs or their bedrooms cleaned.  So my house was a mess all break, but my boys made some great memories with each other, and that is what is most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment