Monday, September 23, 2013

Things I Don't Need to Know About in the Middle of the Night

I've been a mother for 14 years.  Which means, I haven't had an entire night's sleep for 14 years.

I'm super tired.  All the time.

Last night I had a child wake me up at 1:00 AM to tell me one of the brackets from his braces came off.
I'm not kidding.

This morning in my groggy stupor, while preparing breakfast and lunches, I started thinking, maybe I haven't been clear on what I don't want to know.  Things that could wait until morning.  Things not worth waking mommy up for.

So, I started to make a list.  This is how far I got:

1. Anything that has to do with your braces
2. The cat is throwing/threw up
3. You can't sleep
4. Somebody is snoring
5. There is a spider in the hallway
6. I don't feel good- cough, sore throat, headache
7. The music in _____ room is too loud
8. I think I hear someone in the house (While for many this would be a reason to wake mommy up, we have big dogs that will definitely let us know if someone is in the house.)
9. I had a bad dream

Then I realized that there are a lot of reasons to not wake me up.  Maybe I should focus on reasons to wake mommy, or preferably, daddy up in the middle of the night.

1.I don't feel good- I'm going to throw up
2. The house is on FIRE!

I'm pretty sure that covers it.

No comments:

Post a Comment